Friday 4 March 2011

The Hindi to English translation

The Hindi to English translation of the videos of the students on this site is something I've been looking for help to complete, as I know only one Hindi speaker who lives near me, and he is very busy.
Luckily another Hindi speaker -who is an Ambedkarite activist, working as I am to end the caste system, popped up on Facebook, asking to be a friend.

Satyamaitreya, whose name I translate as 'The Truth of the next Buddha' though it could also mean 'Truthful Friendliness'), has volunteered to help with this work. His translation of Priyenka's video below is as follows:
"My name is Priyanka and I live in chattisgarh at Raipur. I have come to Nagpur to study Buddhism and Babasaheb Ambedkar. What Babasaheb has taught us about Buddhism and the work he has done, I want to carry on this work for it.  I want to study Buddhism for two years (at Nagloka). Even after ten years I will still be studying Buddhism and I will be spreading Buddhism [as far as I can] across India. It is my wish to devote myself and follow the way given by Babasaheb Ambedkar."

I hope that you, the reader, can help with translating more videos by:
  1. Watching the videos on this page and typing out the words as you understand them.
  2. Emailing your translation to me -either via this contact form on the website of one of my companies - Medition Support Ltd, or by linking with me (Paul Crosland) as a Facebook friend here:
You can ask to become Satyamaitreya's facebook friend here and you will be able to see many important issues in India which he comments and works on.

No comments:

Post a Comment