Saturday 10 March 2012

Caste-based atrocities in Orissa and the ongoing funding needs of Nagaloka College


I've just received this update from my friend Nagamitra from the administration team at Nagaloka, reporting back on their Alumni Conference:
 I was very busy in Alumni conference it was from 1st to 8th march. 
It was well attended by the old trainees, I was very pleased to see all those people.
  In this Alumni the Subject was Prabudhha Bharat. Enlightened India, Lokamitra, Maitreyanath, Vivekratna, Manidhamma and Mangesh have deliverd talks on this subject. 
  In this conference there was lots of Presentation of the work which Alumni are doing in their states. 
   Very impressive work was from Odisa. Just there was very big atrocities happened all the poor and scheduled cast peoples houses has been burnt.
   But I have visited that place where the work is going on, one of the Alumni is running sewing class and study class.
  He is doing that work with very little help, and the work he is running there is no any room or no any shade by his own he has arranged it. 
 He has taken help from the local people which was very impressive to see.
  Me and two people from Karuna trust for evolution they also were with me.
   Now there are nearly 10 Alumnis, but not much support. 
  I am very much keen to share my reports with you.
  This year we have concluded our training in 8 Months, because we found that all the trainee like to go back to home for the examination and it was breaking our training atmosphere. 
   So we decided that it will be good if we try this, and it works. I would like to raise this year rs.15,00,000/- that means £21,550 for running this course. 

Please help 

No comments:

Post a Comment